Client: Ministry of Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine
- Development of recommendations on co-financing of initial capital overhaul of a residential building by its owners, co-owners, and the State.
- Development of recommendations on planning, accounting, and calculation of a net cost of works (services) and registration of proceeds and financial performance at heating enterprises, and water and wastewater companies.
- Research on legal aspects and mechanisms of transfer of residential buildings to homeowners associations (co-owners) of residential buildings.
- Research on the procedure of setting of tariffs for housing maintenance services and maintenance of territories adjacent to buildings. Research on a standard agreement on provision of housing maintenance services and maintenance of territories adjacent to buildings. Development of proposals as to the above documents.
- Development of the procedure on adjustment of tariffs/prices for communal services in the event that prices for energy resources, tax rates and fees (mandatory payments) increase, and minimum wage changes.
- Analytical research on introduction of ‘profitable’ buildings and on protection of rights of residents of living spaces and non-residential premises in those buildings.
- Elaboration of procedural recommendations on how to conduct sociological surveys regarding the situation with housing and communal services reform in the community.
- Elaboration of procedural recommendations on how to hold public forums for enhancing the public participation in reforms of municipal services.
- Elaboration of procedural recommendations on how to revalue the assets of municipal unitary enterprises.
- Substantiation report on priority measures in the communal sector reform.
- Elaboration of a methodology on regular sociological surveys regarding the performance of the Ministry of Housing and Municipal Economy, and local governments in the area of construction, urban planning, and municipal services.
- Conducting surveys and elaboration of the procedures on revaluation of the assets owned by utility companies.
- Elaboration of procedural recommendations on strategic planning of water and wastewater, and heat supply utility companies.
- Analytical research and drafting of the Law of Ukraine on specific regulation governing VAT payment by municipal enterprises.
- Analysis on the legal framework governing corporatization. Development of the draft Law of Ukraine "On Specific Features of Corporatization of Utility Enterprises Providing Water and Wastewater, and Heat Supply Services."
- Drafting the Law of Ukraine "On amending the Law of Ukraine "On the National Program for Reform and Development of the Municipal Sector for Years 2004-2010."
- Substantiation report on the amendments and changes on amounts and sources of financing of the National Program for Reform and Development of the Municipal Sector for Years 2004-2010. Development of the Program’s certificate.
Client: State Committee on Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine
- Definition of mechanisms ensuring operations of water and wastewater, and heat supply enterprises without losses.
- Assessment of the investment needs of water and wastewater, and heat supply utility enterprises in course of the municipal sector reform.
- Development of the local-authorities-oriented manual on laws and regulations governing the activities of local governments and local executive bodies in the area of municipal services.
- Development of recommendations on public participation and outreach in the municipal sector reform and development.
- Development of the Concept and the Program on raising the awareness of the public on objectives and tasks of the municipal sector reform.
- Development of the procedures for establishment of the List of facilities owned by municipality.
- Development of the procedures for creation and change of the chartered capital by communal enterprises in the area of housing and communal services.
- Development of the procedure on making an inventory of municipal assets by municipal utility companies.
- Elaboration of the methodology on conducting sociological surveys regarding the quality of municipal services and the pace of the municipal sector reform in the community.